Thread: Classic Nook buyers beware
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #22
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
So if the Nook battery is only rated for 10 days between charges, that can be a concern to those of us that might travel for extended periods. But I haven't seen anything that says what B&N is basing this estimate on, so the battery could very well last longer.
l
Usually battery estimates are longer than reality, not shorter (unfortunately). That said, the nook is the only major ebook reader on the market with a user-replaceable battery. If I were in a position where I would have to go weeks without a power outlet, I'd just buy a few batteries and charge them up before leaving. Can't do that with a Kindle or a Sony Reader.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote