View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I like the convenience of Calibre just downloading the cover, but generally try to insert the best cover I can find, which usually isn't LT/Amazon. Just trying to save myself the steps of manually searching if I can.

I'm not doing massive bulk downloads myself either, but based on the discussions I've seen around LibraryThing I'm guessing there are a fair number of users that are doing exactly that.

Side note - I figured out why search.overdrive.com wasn't working with advanced search - their application expects spaces to be replaced by '+' in author names/book titles, which you can see in my example previously with the library query. Overdrive's own advanced search is broken and escaping the spaces with %20, which causes the lookup to fail.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote