View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, when I went to see the War of the Worlds two weeks ago, I noticed that the orchestra didn't have paper in front of them, but LCD screens... And I never saw them "turning" a page, so I assume it was all done electronically. There was a sort of clock (I've absolutely no knowledge of music and musical terms, especially for orchestras!) underneath it. I think the turning of the page was connected with that clock (I was sitting in front of the conductor (I believe it's called) so had a decent view )
The readers I've seen have a foot pedal wired up which allows the musician to turn the page by tapping their foot. I'm sure that's they only way they would want it to work. Using a clock wouldn't allow them to adjust to the real time performance.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote