View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Sold another Kindle ...

Makes me wish I got a commission. I have a very nice neighbor who reads ... pretty much constantly.

I brought my Kindle to the neighborhood party today (I really can't go into the pool except at night, so I like to sit pool side in the shade and read). My neighbor saw it, and remarked that she was thinking about buying one and how did I like it??

I demo'd mine, and told her how much I love it. Anyway, as it turns out, she is going to Africa for several weeks and they have a strict weight restriction on the luggage she can bring. She is practically phobic about not having enough books with her on the trip (I gather she cann't sleep without reading an hour or so before).

When I told her that my set up had a capacity for about 4200 books ... her eyes just lit up. I told her that I had really enjoyed being able to finish a book, and then purchase another book without even using the computer. Of course, I explained to her that she would need to download as many books as she wanted for her trip beforehand.

Last, but not least, I was reading HG Wells' "The Invisible Man" at the party, and in fact I finished it at the party. To whoever decided to put links in to other books the reader might enjoy ... well, you are just a reader's dream come true. When I showed that to her .... and explained that, very likely these were active links to those books, which the reader could download for free .... she was one happy lady.

Something tells me I'm going to have another Kindle in the neighborhood.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote