Thread: eMonitor
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #68
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle 4nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You can do 7.7 FPS on a K3 or newer using nc and gmplay on the kindle, displaying a live video stream from a host PC. On the host PC, you need to render to a raw frambuffer and pipe that to raw2gmv and nc to the kindle... It can go up to about 40 FPS on a K4 or newer, but 7.7 FPS is adequate for reasonably fluid animation. See the "geekmaster kindle video player" thread for details:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177455

EDIT: A benefit to using gmplay is that it is a native mode app that works on all the kindles DX through PW, and when booted from both main and diags (important on the K4). Beware that on the DX and DXG, the framerate is limited to only 1.5 FPS.
Wow, the technique you mentioned seems to be extremely fansicnating. It goes up to 40FPS on a K4?????????????? I will definitely look into this after work.

Do we actually need to program on the kindle using the technique? Also, I noticed that the kindle always refresh everything completely opposite, say if I display a letter "A". Firstly, the area of the A goes to entirely bright, the A is then rendered to black.
wildcolor is offline   Reply With Quote