View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #23
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I just found a strange thing. My shell access disappeared. I found it disappeared because I couldn't execute dropbear from shell script. I have to download and install again. But newlister is still running. It's a proof that shell access disappeared after installed, or there won't be newlister installed on my iLiad.
I know why so now.

It occurred when I used a bootable CF created purely from the rootfs of official firmware (the file used to reflash iLiad from CF). Because in the first time boot, a template registry.xml will be created, and my original registry.xml (on iLiad) was over-written. Since the template registry.xml has not been added a shell access entry, it's quite normal that shell access disappears.

The solution is to create a bootable CF and ensure that its registry.xml is modified (so that shell acces is granted). After booting from CF, modify (or overwrite) the template registry.xml on /dev/tffsa7. In ordinary circumstance, /dev/tffsa7 is mounted to /mnt/settings.

So, if you want to create a bootable CF, do remember to create a dir /mnt/settings in your CF and copy all contents in /mnt/settings on you iLiad to that dir. Besides, modifying /etc/fstab (on CF) and removing the entry for /dev/tffsa7 is also required, so that your bootable will not mount /dev/tffsa7 as /mnt/settings and overwrite your working registry.xml.

I still haven't figured out why the bootalbe CF can only be used once. So, after it's created, don't use it immediately. Do remember dd your CF so that you can dd it back again.

Last edited by ericshliao; 02-12-2010 at 03:33 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote