Thread: Seriousness How To Join Our Happy Family!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Now, as I was saying . . . desertgrandma started out here being the resident poll-meister (with a stick). But once she mastered being "Mistriss of the Poll" and then got her ABBA tattoo, she's morphed into Mobileread's diplomatic ambassador, curator and guide to all things informative and linky; MR's living and breathing table of contents, index, bibliography, instruction manual and name dropper, not to mention one of the regular passengers of the welcome paddywagon.

Major kudos and karma to you dgma.

Can we fit all that on a new name tag?
And on my days off, I stump for world peace, elimination of poverty, and a perky butt for every woman over 50.

Wait.

"name dropper"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Lies, all lies!

It is a closed click, and nobody's opinion counts except mine and the chosen few. The best part of MobileRead is in the secret forum, which requires a special password to access it. It is a tight circle of annointed ones known as the Build-A-Burger Group. Membership is by invitation only, and be prepared to have your credit checked prior to invitation.
The word is "Clique" As in:

Main Entry: clique
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: group of friends
Synonyms:
Mafia, bunch, cabal, camarilla, camp, circle, clan, club, coterie, crew, crowd, crush, faction, gang, in-group, insiders, lobby, mob, organization, outfit, pack, posse, ring, set, society (which also describes us)

New people, you have just met the "snacker of nations". Ctluthu (or however you want to spell it), whom I think is a myth.

Wait.

Whats that noise?

Aw cr....................

Last edited by desertgrandma; 02-10-2010 at 04:01 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote