View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I know I'm going to be so in the minority here, but nonetheless........

This is just an abomination to me.

Reading is a very cerebral experience, you need to immerse yourself entirely into the process in order to gain full benefit.

I don't want links, or 'short video segments' in my book!

Have we become a society so unable to think for ourselves we need to be guided to "relevant" articles?

"plus hyperlinks to Wikipedia entries for terms Vook thinks deserve some explaining (the first page has a link to "opium," for instance). Plus there are short video segments (such as the one above) produced by Vook, meant to offer intriguing background information and bring the story "to life.""

You bring the story to life with your mind.

AAARGGHH!

The dumbing down of civilization continues.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote