Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #654
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Nick, in your first example you seem to be using the 3.1.1 patch on fw 3.0.1, and your second example you seem to be using the fw 3.1.0 patch address for fw 3.1.1.

If you use the 3.0.1 patch for fw 3.0.1, or the 3.1.1 patch for fw 3.1.1, then it should work. But note that the footer has changed between 2.8.1 and 3.1.1, so you can't just replace the xor value and address, you need to replace the whole original footer.

You might also want to add \x00 to the end of your new footer, but you can try it without to see if it makes a difference.

Here is what I think you want to use to get the same result for 3.1.1 as you had in 2.8.1:
Spoiler:
Code:
replace_xor_9C = 13FD538, `ReadingFooter {\n\tmin-height: 70px;\n\tmax-height: 70px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 40;\n}\n\nReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="kraken"], \nReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tmin-height: 82px;\n\tmax-height: 82px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 15;\n}\n\nReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tmin-height: 120px;\n\tmax-height: 120px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 20;\n}\n\n* {\n\tfont-size: 16px;\n}\n\n[deviceCodeName="kraken"], \n[deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tfont-size: 20px;\n}\n\n[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tfont-size: 26px;\n}\n\n[localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}`, `ReadingFooter {\n\tmin-height: 70px;\n\tmax-height: 70px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 20;\n}\n\n* {\n\tfont-size: 31px;\n\tfont-family: Amasis;\n}\n\n[localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n}\x00`
Dear Geoff.
The problem with the 3.1.1 patch part in this topic, is that it is so fragmented over so much posts.
To find out how to catch the libnickel is there, and the patch is somewhere else, and at the end you find out that an early post is edited so it has the right data.
First I tried the patch you have edited for me.
it doesn't work.. so I start searching again.
Then I found out that in your kpg.conf file there is already a removed #
# Disable footer example
replace_xor_9C = 13FD538 .....
I found the
# Decrease footer example for Aura HD and just removed the # there..
But dear Nick.. then you have to change the first line into:
# Disable footer example
#replace_xor_9C = 13FD538 .....
Now there was 2 options open.. and for sure that was wrong, so after putting an # on the first option I copy and paste your modified line for the 2.8.1
And.. works like a charm, thank you so much.
What my modified 2.8.1 does is leave a little white line under page xx of yy and the text page xx of yy is always in amasis.
Because when you change the letter type, the page xx of yy txt is changed into this lettertype also and it disappears when you choose a big lettertype completely out of the way.
With the amasis font in it, you can change into every weird font of the txt, but the line page xxx of yyy will always be in amasis and always on the right place.
I again, thank you and hope that when the firmware is changing again,and there is a new patch,you will help me adapt mine ?

Last edited by Nick_1964; 01-07-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Solved.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote