View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #68
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
I have it iOS6 on my iPad, and iPhone. Living here in Japan the Apple Maps is very disappointing, a huge difference to the google one! I am not happy, its a very very poor very basic one! No traffic info etc
yeh just very very basic

I suppose they will update it in time but first impressions are disappointing for me as I drive a lot and I used Google maps a lot and the app was very convenient and useful
I hope google realse a Map app
You are not alone.

Quote:
Apple today faced the ire of thousands of irritated iOS 6 users who upgraded to the new version of the iDevice operating system only to discover the Cupertino's new Maps app is, well, pants.

As we noted in our review of iOS 6 yesterday, Apple dropped Google's mapping system in favour of one of its own. The result is an attractive-looking app but one that lacks many of the places of interest - local landmarks, shops and other businesses, entertainment venues, amenities and such - listed by Google.
Source

You should be able to get the Google Maps app soon anyway.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote