View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I don't like 5" players; they're too big. I have a 32GB iPod touch and only need 16GB, so a card slot is irrelevant. File manager? since I've had my touch for nearly a year, why would I need that now?

Like I said, the Galaxy S is basically a clone of what I have now; and what I have now is last years technology. Where are the Galaxy S II players?
tubemonkey, I see why you don't want it, but others have different needs and desires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
To be honest, we're not really sure a new ipod touch will be released.
What Apple might well do is release the iPhone lite for $299. You get an iphone 4 without a contract and 8GB memory . It would stop these Galaxy Players dead in their tracks.
stonetools, I agree that most probably there won't be much change, but the 3.5 inch screen is a non-starter for me. After that we can argue about the file system, the iTunes stores, and the Apple "knows best" approach to technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Does the new ipod touch have a 5 inch screen, microsd support, and the ability to add files without using a proprietary file manager?
luqmaninbmore,
you are a person of superior technical judgement, good taste, and also evince considerable free and sensible will in your choices.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote