View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
That's correct. You can revert back to stock after using Autonooter but once you root CM7 reverting back becomes more involved. I know because I found out the hard way myself. (See an older post of mine on recovery.) There is a better way if you plan ahead but I hadn't. The important thing to remember though is that it's very difficult to brick the Nook so there's almost always a way out. Even now I haven't bothered with making a backup of the stock OS. There is nothing on it that interests me anymore. If and when I need it for some reason, I'll deal with it then.

Huskermania's videos are great! Even though I prefer to get my hands dirty, I watch his videos as a precaution in case that I missed something.

Good luck with your rooting!
You can do even better with CM7 and have the best of all worlds. Over on XDA there's a thread called "Generic Nook-2GB-SDCard-CW3010-VGCM7InstallerAsALTinMultiBoot-v6.zip" - the URL is:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1022786

By following the instructions (very easy) you set up a dual-boot system whereby you leave the Nook at stock 1.1 (latest BN update) and can, by your choice, boot into running CM7 on your SD Card. I am now using the latest (stable) CM7 which is Android 2.3, otherwise known as Gingerbread.

It runs extremely smoothly off the SD Card (I just have a generic Samsung 16Gb that came with a phone a while back) and you never have to mod your Nook, leaving room for BN Updates and just general goodness.