View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #95
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenP View Post
I have a kobo glo on order from ebay, I have no idea if I will like it..
While there are some annoying things with the Kobo Glo (updating firmware way too often that breaks more than it fixes is my main complaint about it), I think the hardware itself with the front light is one of the best available right now. I just found an older firmware that I liked and that played nice with Calibre and my PC and stick with it never letting it update. Which means wifi is always off, but that's never a problem for me since I always purchase all books through my PC only, I prefer to keep them sorted there, and I sideload all my books to my reader.

Give the Glo a chance and post in the Kobo forum if you run into any problems, or even suggestions on how to better things. I really love the light on the Glo, it's on all the time at a perfect setting for me to read in sunlight or a black room. You can add your own fonts to it as well, but those added fonts won't have all the tweaking options that the Kobo installed fonts will have. There are also some easy edits to make in a config file on the Kobo as well.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote