View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Correction for slow WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Hi All,

Is anyone having issues with their Kindle Fire HD 7" having very slow wifi? So much for the dual band super fast wifi.

My signal strength shows excellent and 54Mbps link speed.

A speed test shows about 4Mbps download while the laptop right next to it shows 13Mbps download.

I tried watching an episode of Game of Thrones last night in HBO Go and it froze about 12 times and several times even gave me "audio steam only, for video connect to a stronger wifi signal". The only thing more frustrating than constant buffering on a video is an audio only stream, haha.

I am running a stock Fire, no rooting and not even too many apps installed.

(and yes, 12Mbps, while not much is enough to stream video as I run video streaming on my computer and tv with fine results)

I know when it first came out there had been wifi complaints but I don't know if that was related to a bad batch (got my Fire HD on release day) or something else.
If you are experiencing slow WiFi for your Kindle Fire, see this thread on how to speed it up, strengthen the signal and prevent LAN interruptions and crashes:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210002
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote