View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox View Post
Sorry. I kinda abandoned this thread, holidays and all that. I went with frahse's advice and used chapter titles. I wrote my next two e-books with section/chapter titles anyway. The two after that do not, but I will probably add titles to the longer one to break it up some.

Thanks again everyone. Happy New Year.
I will summarize.

Think about every square inch of every page, cover, blurb, etc., as a artist's canvas. You want it to be attractive visually and mentally. It should be "chock" full of "good" stuff like a box of chocolates stimulating your attention.

But realize "space" can be as important in art as "fill."

On the other hand, sometimes you may want to produce a drier, sparer style. Choose your format for your audience and your intent.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote