View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #106
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
just to be more clear
it's not a criticism to people that works for free for the community
it's more like a kind of sadness for this device being abandoned..
I personally don't like very much to use custom made firmware ( being a programmer myself) cause I usually see a lot of thing that I don't like if I read the code.. on the other hand I have not the time or the will to write something myself (well honestly I wrote something for my dr..); usually the user made enahncements lacks always in something, even simply by the design side..
so I like to use the official upgrades, that usually should really fix problems being done by people that have a full knowledge of the device. And consider that full knowledge is different from public knowledge.. a lot of things could be not public
in the case of the dr those nice guys at irex not only stopped the support after a couple of months from the market release.. but they did not even gave the source code of the uds that is what is really needed to fix the main problems of the reader..
so essentialy I don't want to waste even more time following their unlucky and unfair business and I'm going to buy another device..
but I will not sell the dr.. maybe in 10 or 20 years it will get a value.. being a so rare and misterious device..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote