View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
good scanner for books ?

Hello. I am thinking about buying a new scanner.

So far I used 2 scanners to scan my books. My father has a scanner with an adf feeder. That one is good when it comes to cheap paperback books where I can rip the pages out.

Also I have a scanner of my own: a Canon Scanner 670. Overall it is pretty good, considering the fact that it is about 8-9 years old. I use this one for hardcover books.

However as you may know, when it comes to very thick books, laying the book flat on the scanner ain't so easy because of its spine. So I thought about getting a new flat-bed scanner that is specialized on books.

I know there is the Plustek Optibook 3600plus. So far I have only seen pictures of it, but it seems this scanner has no frame on one side so the book can be layed flat on the scanner up to the spine. But it costs 265€ (about $350) - that is much more then I wanted to spend.

Recently, I was in a store and I saw the Canon LiDE 700F. I noticed that it also has one side without a frame. The glass plate goes right to the edge, so it should be possible to scan a book right up to the spine. But so far I haven't read anything about scanning books with this scanner. However the price is pretty good: 100€ (about $135)

So is this scanner good for scanning hardcover books ? Or what else cheap scanner would you suggest ?
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote