Thread: html tidy
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Yes, of course! In earlier versions of Sigil it was essential to press Ctrl-S before ANY operation - certainly before any search/replace! It's a whole lot more stable now.

But give us poor fallible writers a break! "Tidy" is there to help those of us who can't write correct code (which is all of us, sometimes). "Save as is" would help those of us who can't quickly spot an error, but forgot to Save for a few minutes (which is all of us, sometimes).

Sigil must HAVE an internal format, showing the page "as is". How about a new command "freeze session"? It's not always feasible to put the WHOLE computer into Hibernate.
Sorry:

I get the problem, but I think that's a really bad idea, for all the reasons that have been stated a bunch of times. If someone's ePUB is mucked up, then if they want a "preserved" but improper ePUB, maybe they should merge it and save it as an XHTML file. Wouldn't that work?

I mean, this is nothing compared to Ye Olden PSO'D (Pink Screen O'Death) days.

I've been doing a ton of merging, using...was it Diap's idea?, or Wolfie's....and using Toxaris' Fontshrinker. Merging is 5 seconds, literally, and you can copy + paste into whatever HTML editor you use in another 5 seconds. Kablammo, you're done. That would save a mid-stage ePUB that wasn't compliant, and you could back up the actual ePUB to a point of compliance and save it. You'd still have your styles, images, any outboard files (like Apple files), and your in-process XHTML in your HTML editor. {shrug}. Seems like a viable and very, very fast workaround for this issue.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote