Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The book is Blindsight by Peter Watts, a free epub from Feedbooks. Deleting and reloading the book didn't help. I leave the book on page 160 of 259, and when I reopen the book the page number shows 160, but upon closer inspection it is actually on page 155, so when I turn the page it correctly advances to the next page and the page number changes from 160 to 156.

So the problem is not that it turns to the wrong page, just that it is opening the book at the wrong page while displaying the number of the page that it should have opened at rather than the one it actually did open at.
I don't know what is happening. I grabbed the book and put it on my Glo. I went to page 160, exited the book and reopened it. It opened to the correct page (same text in top line). I tried a few different things, including opening at the front and paging through to 160 (I was on hold tapping to the musak). That still kept the same page when I closed and reopened the book.

Note: Page 160 will be the same place no matter what the font and other settings. The reader used for epubs defines a page as either 1000 or 1024 characters.

On a slightly related point: What's the book like?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote