View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
It depends on the features of your car stereo. If your car has an audio in jack, this is your best option. You can get a male-to-male cable that looks like this (about $4-$6 online, I've paid as much as $10 at Radioshack when I needed one right away):

If it has a cassette player, you can get the kind of adapter alanHd suggested.

If you are in a highly populated urban area, an FM transmitter is almost useless. There are no open frequencies here in Chicago, I was only able to use an FM transmitter when I was way out of the city.

If your car stereo won't give you a good option, there are a lot of portable speakers that will work. I have tried out a lot of small speakers, and this one has the highest volume output:

http://www.amazon.com/BoomBotix-Port...ords=boombotix

Earbuds while driving are just a bad idea. You want to be able to hear emergency sirens.

Last edited by pidgeon92; 04-14-2013 at 05:21 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote