View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #48
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
EDIT: See two posts below before attempting this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
5.3.0, which updated while I had my WiFi on, before that I had a jailbroken 5.2.0 with ixtab Collections Manager on it.

I will now empty my Kindle, reset it, and try again.
Resetting the Kindle won't help. I'm afraid that there is something wrong with your diags partition, but I don't know what that is. And since you're the only person reporting that sort of problem, I'll need your help.

The good news is that everything before went through correctly, so your device actually is jailbroken - it's just a small part of the "rescue pack" that screwed up.

So: please install the usbnetwork package and log into your Kindle. Then perform the following commands:

Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/mmc
ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
cp -f /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow /mnt/mmc/etc/shadow.before_rescue_pack
ls -la /mnt/mmc/etc/shad*
And post the output here.

It is the second-last command that is failing in the installer, but I don't know why (it shouldn't fail). Maybe the output of the above commands can shed some light on this

Last edited by ixtab; 12-04-2012 at 08:02 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote