Thread: A Bug Catalogue
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #14
ne0rmatrix
Enthusiast
ne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: kobo Aura HD,Apple Ipad Mini,Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4,LG G4
Have a rooted Vox here. Have sleep of death problem too. On Vox beta group. Oh I have the wifi toggle problem too.

For all of those thinking about returning or complaining about the Vox not ready for prime time. I have to say this device is a first generation device brought to market to compete with the Kindle Fire and the Nook Tablet. I know they are having issues too. The problems we all are facing are fixable and will be fixed quickly. Unfortunately market conditions make hardware manufacturers release products early in development cycle in order to compete with their competitors.

I know this seems unfair. My counter to that line of reasoning is they will fix these bugs quickly. And as the kobo team member in this thread said they are trying to fix it before the holidays. I am a firm believer that when you buy a brand new device from a relatively new manufacturer that you can expect the ocasional issue and unlike manufacturers like Apple don't have the financial resources or market conditions that allow them to spend 6 to 9 months bug fixing before releasing product.

Remember this is a competitive market that has had many failures that occurred due to late shipping of devices and not meeting user expectations. Can anyone say the device does not do what it advertises? It plays video. Its an excellent ereader. Battery life is not bad with wifi off. Yes it has a ton of bugs that interfere with the user experience. Yes they will be fixed. No i do not plan to return my device or send it in to get it repaired.

Well thats my 2 cents on the issue. Have a good holidays everyone.
ne0rmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote