Thread: Softroot vs DRM
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Oh, HTC better not refuse me warranty for HARDWARE trouble. I wouldn't accept it from dell either because I installed linux instead of windows.
However if you do not restore to the 'factory' software - it is unclear if it is a hardware or software problem (ie is your Video acting up because the chip is fried, or because it is a bad driver.... or if I want to be really nasty, I could claim that the bad driver fried the chip and so is not covered).

Back to the topic, while not the goal of the policy (which is a to avoid legal hassles) it does make it easier for me to participate in the forums. If the policy were to allow the links my monitoring of MobileRead would be for entirely different (and objectionable to everybody) purposes.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote