View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Having got this far with my 8 complete volumes (and a 9th almost done) of my anthology of Sir Henry Rider Haggard's works (that's 35 novels, if I've counted correctly, up to Vol 9) I hope you'll forgive my self-indulgence in deciding that I may as well go the whole way and make this series into a "Complete Works" (or as complete as PG has, at least).

The volumes I've done so far are mostly books of his that I've read; the ones from here on in will be "unexplored territory" for me too. I've never read anything of Haggard's that I've not enjoyed though so, as I say, please forgive my indulgence in doing these remaining volumes purely for my own future reading pleasure, and understand that the book descriptions from now on will be a little vague, or even non-existant. I will intersperse them with things of more general interest.

What I plan to do from now on with the Haggard is basically do volumes pretty much in order of publication date, carrying on with four novels per volume. I'll leave the non-fiction until last, and finish up with his autobiography. I would guess that I'm about half way through his complete works, something like that.

I hope that these works bring pleasure to other people too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote