View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC9 View Post
Thanks all for your suggestions.

My main concern is to do that on all my epub files in one time and not one by one

I tried to explore the zip solution:
- I add a new extension (.zip) to all my epub files (one click with the right software)
- Now all epub files are seen as zip folder by Windows and I can navigate inside as if it is simple folder.

Next step is to find the way to resize pictures (batch mode) inside these “zip” folders.
I tried without success: Photoshop, ACD See, Faststone (MaxViewer, Viewer & Resize).

Next try with Fotosizer.
Any others ideas?

A simple question but no a so easy answer
I don't think you'll find anything that will resize in situ within one ZIP let alone many, I think MaxView was your last best hope

Copy the epubs to a folder on your desktop eg EPUBRESIZE - unzip them into subfolders. Then use a script (see Roger64 post) that walks the EPUBRESIZE folder tree and does the resize and compression with the imagemagick convert command

Google will find imagemagick
FOR /R will walk a folder tree in a batch file

When convert is all done, create new ZIPs from the subfolders with the resized pictures, rename them to EPUB and put them back into their calibre folders.

Obviously backup the library first and test on a few books

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote