View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #34
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollu View Post
On the other hand, pulling the trigger feels like you are the poor subject of dictatorship and is very unpleasant.

The solution for me is adding kind of a +1 button. Instead of repeating the same opinion over and over again, I'd be able to show I am on the same camp as the poster of the message.
Disagree. This would work if their were only a few stock opinions in the world about any given subject. There many nuances of opinion, even if they sometimes seem similar. I liken this to the misconception people have about synonyms. Most synonyms aren't really synonyms, but similar meaning words with nuance. Anger is the general feeling of displeasure. Indignation is righteous anger. Rage is out of control anger. To seethe is to have bottled up anger. All mean anger, but have difference nuance and connotation. think the same can be said for opinions. Your system seem like voting for a few candidates.

And i am all for dictatorship, as long as I am the dictator.

Last edited by spellbanisher; 02-23-2011 at 06:54 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote