View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I wonder if "Dude" is a regional thing. I was in my 20's in the 1980's and don't remember it being popular (I'm in the southeast)
Must've been. I was in my 20s in the '80s in the midwest and "dude" was more popular than "hey" for a time. It was mostly fading by the '80s though.

Quote:
Some of the early posts in this thread made the book sound interesting, but if it's full of pop culture references and "Duuuuude!" I'm probably too old for it
I wouldn't say this book over-does it with pop-culture references. It does get a bit Google-heavy at times, though. And either "Dude" was used pretty sparingly or I'm more OK with duuuude than I might have realized.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote