View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #181
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I've been pushing hard, on Growing Up Stories. A lot of editing drafts and re-writing from scratch and even of new writing. I'm currently at about 30K words of what is 'final-stage' drafts. I have 19 pieces/chapters completed and a bunch of errata that will be either a chapter on its own or interspersed between chapters. Still maybe half-a-dozen topics to write/cover. My best guess at this point is that the final version will come in close to 40 - 50k words.

I'm still thrashing a bit in trying to decide if everything I wanted to include is there or not. It's intended really to just cover my growing up on the farm and in a small town up through high school.

The other thing I continue to wrestle with is whether this is just ego-stroking or actually worthwhile. I know it is something that will be interesting/valuable to my family but whether it's of any interest or worth to the more general reader is a completely different question.

P.S. I got close to Stephen Kings 2000 word daily goal today. I was able to do 1700 and have been meeting my goal of 1000/day the last few days so that is a good feeling. Hope saying so doesn't jinx it...I thought I was stuck again today before the words started flowing ....

Last edited by kennyc; 09-26-2013 at 05:58 PM.