View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
FreedomPop and the Kindle

I googled a few articles on FreedomPop (www.freedompop.com) and can't understand how it fits with the way I mobileread.

Suppose Amazon ever pulls the plug on the 3G text web site internet I get with my Kindle Keyboard. Or suppose my wife, who has a WiFi only Kindle, wanted to use email, or read the latest www.twp.com news, from outside normal WiFi range. One would hope that we could then pay Freedompop a $99 deposit*, and $4.99 shipping, for a little WiFi transmitter, and I would be back in business anywhere there is FreedomPop service (apparently about a third of the US, with coverage area increasing).

I went to the web site, put in my home address, and they said I live in a service area. However, when I went to the next step, putting in my Kindle's MAC address and clicking Validate, I got a "no device exists" message. Huh? How do they know that mistaken fact? Would they have said the same if I had a Kindle Fire? And how does one reconcile "no device exists" with this statement on the freedompop.com home page:

Quote:
100% free high speed internet – any device, anywhere!