View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #13
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Dru,
I think either Cybook or Sony are good choices. In fact regardless of which you decide to purchase I'm sure you'll be content with either solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
I've got more .mobi/.html format material, there doesn't seem to be as many stores offering bebb/.lrf material. Is that a correct observation?
Mobi currently has the market with lots of vendor support. It's also a great format with excellent support such as mobi readers and creators for the PC. I read off of my Smartphone and annotation/bookmarks are sync between the two devices.

The SONY has a FANTASTIC opensource program called Calibre that does a great job converting MOBI/LIT/HTML/ to LRF.

However ePub is starting to get a lot of steam. Especially now that SONY has released a firmware patch on the PRS-505 to work with ePub, vendors are scrambling to get ePub version of their books out.

The two eBook vendors most will recommend on this site will most lilkey be fictionwise and BooksonBoard. Both sell Mobi and both are moving to get ePub formats of their books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
The ePub /reflow PDF is a nice tickmark.
I'm not to impressed with the reflow. What is impressive is that SONY is the only eInk device that can read secure ePub and PDF on the market today.

For me that is huge since the a good number of books I'm interested are only available as secure PDFs.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote