View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Fail message from Calibre about Kobo Touch

I am suddenly getting what others have posted about, a "FAIL" message from calibre about the Kobo database when I plug my Kobo into the PC.

Yes I know there are posts elsewhere but they seem to just peter out ?

My Kobo is using the older firmware 1.9.17, and I didn't try to update it because of the problems.

I haven't used my Kobo Desktop software for the same reason.

My Kobo has been working fine until today when I plugged it in to transfer some books to it from calibre.

calibre is running 0.8.62, but I don't know which version it was running the last time I had my Kobo connected to it ?

I tried uninstalling calibre and reinstalling 0.8.61 but still get the fail message.

But I notice that calibre still has all the books in it's Library, so obviously t wasn't a "clean" reinstall.

Would a clean reinstall of an earlier version of calibre fix the problem, and how do I do that please ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote