View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I suspect that is nothing actually built into the installer itself, but just an artifact of the Microsoft install sub-system that the installer uses. For some reason a pointer to an earlier install has ended up being stored somewhere in the registry and until this is cleared you keep getting the message.
that is the most likely explanation. I was distracted my Kovid's insistence that calibre does not use registry but I guess the installer does.

I ill try to outwit it on the next upgrade then hopefully the issue will go away.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote