View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #14
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
When I click on Moe The Cat's link Firefox offers to download linux.inf immediately, so he has apparently given you a direct link??????????

As far as where to set your static IP for the OpenInkpot USB TCP/IP connection, it is in the Network Connections that you can access from the Control Panel among other ways. You will only see that connection in Network Connections when the reader with OpenInkpot is attached to your computer by USB. Then, in the Internet Protocol section of the Properties window for that connection, you set your static IP address as indicated by the OpenInkpot instructions.
Dave: Thanks for the time you're taking for me. With your guidance I was EVENTUALLY able to insert the appropriate static IP's, etc. I then got into Putty fine (providing me a nice sense of Linux deja vu), but I couldn't get into WinSCP (even though it's based on Putty). It gave me the error message of "Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?"

Anyway, thanks to your (and Moe's) help I think I'm making some progress. But I would like to use WinSCP.