View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #55
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Uh, you do realize the guy was lying in his "review"?
That the car's black box logs proved he was lying and the NYT had to issue one of their non-apology apologies for his "bad judgment"?
The Times prints clear-cut corrections almost every day. In this case, their position is that no correction was warranted. It's true that the public editor, who speaks for herself, printed a mildly critical column.

As for calling the Times writer a liar, here is another POV:

http://techland.time.com/2013/02/26/...#ixzz2VCaSHVP7

Quote:
Here’s his explanation for that half-a-mile jaunt:
Quote:
I drove around the Milford service plaza in the dark looking for the Supercharger, which is not prominently marked. I was not trying to drain the battery. (It was already on reserve power.) As soon as I found the Supercharger, I plugged the car in.
So much for open and shut books. In his post, [Tesla executive Elon] Musk didn’t explain the event happened at night, nor do most readers have the faintest idea what it’s like to go hunting for one of Tesla’s new Supercharger hookups in the dark. And Broder’s explanation resonates with me: As a recent first-time diesel owner, I’ve probably driven at least as far around various truck stops looking for proper-sized diesel pumps (the nozzles, that is) when I travel between Michigan and Iowa or Minnesota.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote