View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
When did this happen? I updated both my iPad and iMac with the latest Kindle apps and guess what.... they seem to sync now. Not only "furthest read" but also "notes" and "highlights." Is this new? My old versions did not sync! In fact, Kindle for Mac didn't do much of anything!
Odd, it should have worked back in early 2010, when it was first released, according to the features list. Syncing of bookmarks, furthest read, notes, and highlights were all in the first version.

They added *creation* of notes and highlights later that year.

And they added side loading to iOS in Jan. 2011.

But, AFAIK, they still don't sync bookmarks, etc. on non-purchases/side loaded books, which is a pretty nice feature of iBooks.j

(Looking back on it, Amazon has been incredibly prolific in releasing both iOS and Mac software for the Kindle. They were even one of the first to jump into the Mac App Store)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote