View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 02:24 AM   #16
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
I have both the Sony PRS 500 and the Bookeen Cybook Gen 3, both with cases, I find very little to choose between them as far as the actual storing, reading and page turning is concerned. The Bookeen button is a little clunky, yes, but the Sony page turning buttons are not much better. The big difference however is the software and the support. I find the Sony bookstore absolutely impossible to use from Baghdad, it will not let me through the proxy servers to buy books. The Bookeen has no such drawbacks,I am happily buying and perusing libraries and bookstores without any trouble whatsoever. As far as support is concerned, I can get through to the Sony help site to ask for assistance, but I never get an answer.(I think this is because I am not in the USA and therefore dont count) The few times I have asked the Bookeen people something the response has been swift and helpful.
So for my money I would choose the Bookeen over the Sony anytime.
On my return to Australia later this month I intend to buy another unit for my partner, it will be a Bookeen, although I must admit to being tempted by the Iliad.

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote