View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #11
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Different strokes for different folks... all your reasons are equally a list of things that I could care less about... I want an eReader to read books on... my PRS+ modded 505 and 600 do this perfectly as do the 350 and 650... your needs are obviously important to you but for many peoplewould be pointless fluff... each to his/her own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
Take it from a current user of PRS 950, it isn't exactly nirvana here either. Just take a look at the PRS 950 Issues Thread. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111502

My next upgrade will very likely be Pocket Book 903, I'm tired of missing out on:

-multi-language Text2Speech
-Bluetooth (good for PAN tethering (free data) with Bluetooth Only Cell Phones)(tho PAN -profile functionality is unconfirmed)
-Applications: calculator, calendar, etc
-out of the box multi-language support & easily add fonts
-download direct in Browser
-user changeable 3G SIM
-folder support

Trade offs are minimal:
-Wacom stylus (PB903) vs InfraRed sensor

Problematic Firmware? At least that tiny company updates theirs unlike multi-billion $$ Bood sucking Sony that only bundles updates with next generation hardware in other words NO updates. tsk tsk

I've used PRS505>PRS600>PRS950 and Things never change with their overpriced, yet undersupported Sony products
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote