View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
kardava
kardava began at the beginning.

Device: iliad, iPad & iphone
Angry Iphone ereader new error message when uploading from fictionwise

Damn, following very helpful instructions on how to get around geographically restrictions when buying ebooks from fictionwise, I have been happily buying in the ereader format and reading on my iphone.

But today I went to upload a book a got the following message:

"An error occurred while downloading book book title: "That book is not purchasable or downloadable from your location."

sigh, so even though my account says I'm a US resident allowing me to buy the books I want, because I am uploading them from Australia, it won't let me.

Now I can understand why they have done this because they worked out that residents outside of the US had worked around the geographical restrictions.

The problem I see with this is that if I was a legitimate US resident and on holidays, and had roaming on my phone I still wouldn't be able to download books I had bought, because they are now obviously checking location of the phone I assume though carrier info, then their phone would come up with the location they were in.

So basically now I'm stuck with a whole heap of ereader books that I have bought but can no longer download to my iphone because of this new security measure!

arghhhhh!!!!

OK update: can now upload secure ereader books to stanza, so was able to download to my computer and then share and upload book into stanza. yippee

Last edited by kardava; 10-16-2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: update on ereader problem solved
kardava is offline   Reply With Quote