View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexico
'concensus' ? :-)
Not sure what you mean, but now I'm quite curious! Are you asking everyone for a concensus view on the site? Or a consensus view of how to handle with mobile devices?

Then there's my more paranoid side, seeing that you are a real live Lexicographer (I think you are the first I've run across)... did I misspell it? Looks okay.

Is it misused? Seems reasonable based on dictionary.com:

Quote:
con·sen·sus Audio pronunciation of "consensus" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-snss) n.

1. An opinion or position reached by a group as a whole: “Among political women... there is a clear consensus about the problems women candidates have traditionally faced” (Wendy Kaminer). See Usage Note at redundancy.
2. General agreement or accord: government by consensus.
But you certainly would know better than me!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote