View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #36
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
Just out of curiosity, how long ago was that? Because the defaults on installing the server version are for a completely automated install, other than stuff that can't be defaulted (like user name and password, and machine name). You have to actively avoid those defaults to do stuff manually.
Sometime last year. I downloaded it from the Ubuntu site. Used the recommended program to put it on the stick. It had me make a partition. Asked me what file system I wanted to use. When I tried to move to the next phase I got the warning that I hadn't made a home partition. I was surprised at the lack of defaults or suggested settings since it's reported to be the EZLinux.

Once installed, everything worked. Video. Audio. Internet. Then it started stuttering and ended up refusing to boot. I put the poor thing out of my misery and wiped the stick.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote