View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 06:42 AM   #15
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
c. Page numbers on the right side of the text are annyoing.
d. If you read on M or L, the the right side of the screen looks like "broken teeth" or broken paragraphs, something I always tried to avoid but it is very prominent with epub on 6" screen. Maybe on bigger screens it will be less noticeable. Maybe I am used to a uniform look of LRF on the right hand side unless the paragraphs ends. But I will stick to LRF for now.
Both have absolutely nothing to do with ePub as a format, they're choices that DE made.
I don't like having page numbers in the right margin either, but it seems that Sony specifically asked Adobe to keep them, since a page can begin in the middle of the screen.
What you call broken teeth I guess, is due to the lack of justification in the current rendering engine. I really believe that the current crop of readers need both justification and hyphenation to render something that really looks like a book. Some users might dislike using justified text and hyphenation though, and both should be available as options that yo could disable.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote