View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Interesting link. I don't understand how this works, and there is no info on their site: they offer a mobile hotspot for "free" that costs you a 99 " deposit", yet it does not say what you have to do to get the deposit back, if you get it back in full?
And how can this be free? Has anyone actually used this service?
I haven't signed up myself but I know plenty of satisfied users. You get your deposit back by shipping the device that you "buy" back to them. I've read of a few instances where the user had to pay a restocking fee of something like 20% (I forgot the reasons) but in general, people have gotten their full deposits back. They hope to make money on the free service in three ways. The first is that they hope you'll want to use more than 500mb per month and that you'll pay the per mb overage charges. The second is that they hope you'll eventually move to a fully paid plan (and perhaps go over that limit and pay for more as well). The third is that they have a referral program to earn extra bandwidth per month, so they hope that you'll bring in more customers to do the first two things I mentioned. There's nothing fishy about the service from what I've seen, but I have doubts that they can stay in business under their current model. I hope that they can prove me wrong though and then maybe I'll sign up if/when they move to LTE, which they already announced would be their next step.

Last edited by AZImmortal; 12-03-2012 at 12:47 PM.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote