View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #395
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
All in all ectaco is a company that just descended fron heavens while all the others are evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Why you say something like that, as if you think you know what I think?
Why should I state the obvious, and am I not allowed to state my opinion about paypal, what in my mind is a less than obvious crime?

I take the words of valentika with a grain of salt, but I understand the problem she described from both sides.
The company clearly did not think this through; and now they lost $400, and a JBC, in exchange for a regular jetbook.
The crime lies in Paypal, in that Valentika should have returned the item to ectaco like should have been part of the return policy to retrieve the money.

Sending it to paypal and receiving the money, is paypal stealing $400 from ectaco, and getting a device for that.

However there may exist a third possibility, that someone at paypal decided to buy the device, perhaps wanted to buy it but thought the $500 was a little too high. He thought to return the $400 to paypal, AND return another $400 to valentika, in exchange for a Jetbook Color.
In which case, Ectaco got their money, and rid of a problematic customer,
Someone at paypal got a JBC for $400, without having to send a Jetbook to Ectaco, so good deal for them,
And valentika is happy thinking she got the money back at a loss for ectaco.
However, what i think is more true in this is that,
The only one at a disadvantage is Valentika, who lost a jetbook, an 2 shipments (one for the jetbook, and one for the JBC), without gaining anything out of this deal.

If the third is true, then Valentika must have agreed to the terms, and the deal should have been a bad one for her; but a good one for ectaco, and for the mistery man @ paypal providing $400 for a JBC.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote