View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #8
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
Quote:
Which is what bothers me. MS Word supports RTF. Why do they need a special converter when all you need to do in Word is "Save As" and choose RTF?
So they can say they support DOC? Supporting an instantly recognizable proprietary file format like DOC sounds more commercial than announcing support for a less recognized, open formt.

Whenever I used Final Draft screenwriting software, I'd always save it my work to RTF rather than the program's native format so that I could edit scripts on other machines without a copy of FD. I never saw the point of using their proprietary format. But whenever other writers would send me scripts as attachments, they would always use FD's native format.

Quote:
BTW, Gameboy70, that's what I thought when I saw the new specs. I miss HTML heavily, tho.
They'll probably include an updated version of Toolbar for Librie, which converts web pages to LRF (a BBeB format). It sucks that HTML seems to require conversion yet again, and is tied to IE yet again, but the conversion itself (at least for the Librie) is a fairly painless, one-click process.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote