View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #92
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
if i had known that ebooks existed in the 90's when i went to college, i would not have paid for each and every book in my literature courses. i'm sure that's changed now, right? are college students still buying paper versions of william shakespeare plays? or charles dickens novels?
Could you show some consideration for your fellow posters and follow the conventions of using mixed case for your messages, please? It would make them a lot easier to read!

As far as your question, goes, I can imagine using ebooks for Dickens (provided you use a reliable source - some of the Dickens ebooks out there are missing large pieces of text, and are otherwise full of errors. But Shakespeare? No. Most modern readers need editions of Shakespeare with notes and annotations; a "raw" text is not that much use.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote