Thread: Biased books
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
As someone who has only downloaded books from this website, I just appreciate the effort and commitment of those who create the ebooks. I do not attach any particular association between the person who worked and ultimately uploaded the ebook and the book content, unless the person explicitly mentions how they feel about the book. The only impression I have about the folks who generously provide these books is that they (you) must foster a tremendous love of literature and the written word.

I don't think it is necessary to include any kind of statement about the book's content. Anyone who reads much should know that books that were originally written 20, 30, 50, 100+ years ago use different language, styles and orientations than more recently written and published works.

Thanks for all you do.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote