View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZed View Post
Hm. The main new feature from 5.10 that I'm using is the smart-match operator, which is a lot faster than the alternatives (some of which are incredibly messy). Perl 5.10 was released almost a year ago, and I hadn't figured people would still be seriously having problems obtaining it. (You're running Debian Stable on a desktop machine? Why? I'm a Debian developer and even I will cheerfully admit that Stable is generally already obsolete almost by the time it's released.)
This was my work machine and we have standardized on Debian stable. And I want to avoid having to install an extra Perl installation but of course it is easy to install 5.10 if you need it. My unstable laptop at home had 5.10 (but was that no a recent change?). I have to read about the smart operators to see if I want to use them myself. I have been bad at keeping up with new versions of Perl.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote