View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #611
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I get it, you don't like iTunes. Other people do. Let them do their thing. I read your suggestion and decided it was not optimal for me. The great thing about Marvin is that there are many ways to move books to it. No reason to bludgeon people who disagree with you on what is best for them.

And the problem was with me really. It happened to be that I missed a step in Calibre. Long ago I had removed the DRM from my Amazon books. I assumed that the books I had stored in my file were the Mobi files. I never bothered to check them. I never saved to disc my Mobi files after I stripped the books, so I always had Amazon books saved in my book file. This process taught me to save the finished product to disc which allows me to move the books to whereever I wanted. I now have my Amazon, Mobi, and EPub files saved.

So until there is a direct from Calibre to Marvin feature, I would not have been able to move books because I had never saved the Mobi files or the Epub files. That is not a fault of ITunes or even Calibre. That is user error in Calibre.

The Dropbox advice is great for people who want to use Dropbox, same for SugarSync. I don't want to use those options. I have my files backed up on extrenal hard drives and I am comfortable with that. I don't want to pay for additional storage and risk losing things because I forget to pay every year. That is my choice. Since I made that choice, I used iTunes. It was very easy.