View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Well...as it turned out to be my only book club read for 2012, my answer is Black Rain by Masuji Ibuse (translated by John Bester). This selection was nothing that I would chosen for myself, incredibly heart breaking, but so worth the read.

As I stated in my reveiw on GoodReads:
This .

A difficult read at times, and something I would never have chosen myself. I found it absorbing, and the first book I have read about the horror written from a Japenese perspective.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote