View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecq View Post
How can I go back to the Kobo GUI after that? Is there a “cleaner” way to run it than removing the back cover and pressing reset? i.e. have it the Extras like the Browser etc?
The simplest way to get back to the Kobo GUI is to run the command "reboot".
To start the weather script from the Kobo GUI, you can use the plugin interface.
I'm considering editing the weather script to check if the power slider is pulled,
and if so restart the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro-76 View Post
I have a question about changing the source of the weather data. How difficult is that?

The reason I ask is because the accuracy of the data where I live in Dublin is not very good. Today for example it was sunny until about noon, then started to rain and has rained heavily for about six eight hours now. The forecast still says sunny even though it's updating hourly.

I went to worldweatheronline and looked up my location on the map. When I click on the location, the popular shows sunny, but the next line mentions heavy rain and when I click on the detailed forecast, it's actually very accurate. It seems that the summarized data does not update frequently, but the detailed forecast data does.

Is it possible to have the app use the more accurate data?

Thanks
I think that the problem is that I'm using worldweatheronline's free weather API,
so I'm not getting all the information that they have. I'm not very happy with
their service right now, so when I get some time I'm planning on looking around
for a different free weather service.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote